AHC Refund Policy
ARLINGTON HOCKEY CLUB PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICIES
Without firm commitments from all of our players, it is impossible to finalize the number of players and teams, budget and procure ice time, commit to league fees, plan for appropriate clinics, recruit the appropriate number of coaches, set the initial schedule for September and October and generally manage the Program for the benefit of the participating players. Therefore, in order to successfully plan, it is imperative that AHC has accurate information regarding the number of committed players that intend to play. In order to facilitate this process, the following policies (which will be strictly adhered to and enforced) are in effect for all players:
Intercity Travel Program and Girls Travel Program:
A Program Deposit of $450 is required at the time of registration (in advance of tryouts). No player will be allowed to attend tryouts if this fee has not been paid.
- If a player withdraws prior to the completion of tryouts*, a refund of $250 will be issued
- The Program Deposit of $450 becomes non-refundable if the player has not withdrawn prior to the completion of tryouts* and will be credited towards the season’s tuition
Tryouts will be considered completed at the conclusion of the last night of on-ice tryout activities for each respective age group and is not associated with the announcement of player team placement.
Full payment is required before the start of the season’s program, otherwise a player may not be able to participate and play in the program. If not paid in full at the time of registration, the remaining balance of the season’s tuition will be due and payable as follows:
- For Intercity Travel (except Midget) and Girls Travel Programs: over three (3) months (July 1st, August 1st and September 1st).
- For Midgets: The remaining balance is due and payable on September 1st.
The credit card on file will be charged automatically on the dates noted.
No refunds will be offered once payments are processed unless a player qualifies for a refund under a refund policy stated herein. No exceptions.
A full refund will be issued if a player withdraws prior to the start of the season. After the season begins, any requested refund will be prorated based on the number of scheduled sessions remaining in the season, minus a $75.00 administration and jersey fee. Full payment is required at the time of registration.
A full refund will be issued if a player withdraws prior to the start of the season. After the season begins, any requested refund will be prorated based on the number of scheduled sessions remaining in the season, minus a $75.00 administration and jersey fee. A Program Deposit of one half of the season’s tuition is due at the time of registration and the balance is due on November 1st. The credit card (or ACH account) on file will be charged automatically on November 1st.
Additional Refund Rules:
1. Refund due to injury: Refund request due to injury is subject to board review. The board will consider a prorated refund if the request is made with a written opinion of a medical doctor stating that the player is unable to participate in hockey related activities for a period of at least six (6) weeks. Example: if a player is out and cannot play for a period of four (4) weeks due to injury, no refund will be issued.
2. Refund request due to COVID-19 (applicable to 2022-2023 season): Refund request due to COVID-19 is subject to board review, but generally no refund will be given for time lost due to quarantining. Refund requests due to COVID-19 will be prorated upon written notification the appropriate program director.
3. Refund requests due to other reasons: Refund requests not mentioned above are subject board review and issued at the discretion of the Board of Directors.To the extent a refund is provided, it will be prorated.
4. No refund will be issued due to scheduling conflicts.
5. No refund will be issued if a player is dismissed from the club for misbehavior, parent misbehavior, or violating the club code of conduct.
PLEASE NOTE: Under no circumstances will a prorated refund (for ANY reason) exceed the full amount of the program minus non-refundable $450 deposit required for the Intercity and Girls Travel Programs.
Late and/or missed payments, including declined credit card charges, are subject to a $25 late fee and potential disciplinary action as determined by the board.
AHC provides financial assistance to those in need. Please submit your request to email@example.com and it will be reviewed case by case by the board.